This site is a place where mothers can come to find advice,
offer support and find a great deal!
Whether you work or stay at home full time,
I will offer tips to save money and stay sane while working
the hardest job in the world-
MOTHERHOOD!

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Food Co-ops, Food Revolution!

Let's get healthy!


I'm finally getting to a point as a mom where I have SOME free time to devote to blogging, planning my goals, etc. I really have had a lot of GREAT deals I wish I could have posted before now, but I'm promising myself and anyone who reads this that I will do better and try to post daily deals! The deal I'd like to share with you today (which you may have already heard about or tried) is Bountiful Baskets! They are a fantastic food Co-op that operates in Arizona, Utah, Nevada, Washington, and Idaho. And I believe there are several other food co-ops in different states, so if you are in another area, look for them!

This past week I got my second basket..it cost me $16.50- $15.00 for the basket and $1.50 for handling fees.

I got:
Cantaloupe
Strawberries
Bananas
Apples
Oranges
Pineapple
Sweet potatoes
Baby cucumbers
2 heads of green leaf lettuce
Head of Cauliflower
Zucchini
2 bunches of Asparagus

ALL FOR $15!!! At the grocery store that would cost SO much more!

The goal in our home is to buy a a basket every week and make sure we eat all the food! It's a great way to make sure we're eating our fruits and veggies...and it saves us SO much money! You can also order organic baskets in some locations.


Going right along with healthy eating, have you watched Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution yet? WOW what an eye opener! It will definitely motivate you to eat healthier- and from scratch!!!

If you missed it you can catch new episodes Fridays at 9 p.m. EST.
Go HERE to sign his petition to be a healthier eater!

We all want happy healthy families and these are just two ways to start!

Best of luck in your healthy endeavors!

~Kirsten

1 comment:

  1. I'm actually going to try this next week! A lady in my ward told me about it, she's been using Bountiful Baskets for awhile and LOVES it!

    ReplyDelete